Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What makes a family?

I don't have time for a long essay today and fortunately this picture does't really need one. Suffice it to say that LOVE makes a family. It can be the family you are born with or the family you choose. It can be a family made up of fathers, mothers, children, friends and relatives in any combination. The main ingredient is Love. It's mixed with Loyalty and Trust and Respect. It yields Strength and Individuality and Courage.

I stand for family, but I can't really define it for anyone else, only for myself.

This motley lot of people who are sitting in camp chairs reading from computers and laptops and e-devices (and the occasional book) while all of nature spreads it spectacular vistas around us in Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, is mine. They make me a better person than I ever believed I could be.


Check out this site, and see if it doesn't make you feel good about your family too.

Happy Holidays from Sloth Parenting Central
Z.A. Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment