Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I See You Shiver

With anticip-p-p-ation!



Yes. I'm a wreck. There are few things more fraught than waiting until the day you can move back into your house after major re-construction. Add that to the fact that I have to replace everything (basically, anything soft like beds and bedding and window coverings or plastic like appliances and things that I stored food in) that might have absorbed the toxic smoke that flooded my house during the fire I'm a little bit overwrought.
And yes. That's a first world problem, I know. I'm a woman who spends a lot of time on her knees being grateful that my life is good. It's actually wonderful. I've been so lucky.
But I'm due to move home the weekend before my kids start back to school. Soccer season has already started, as has X-country. My four teenagers have all discovered a passion--an obsession--for Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons so it's not at all uncommon to have six to eight teens in our apartment's tiny combination family room/living room/kitchen shouting things like "Die, demon from the underworld!" at the top of their lungs.
The air conditioner works splendidly, thank heavens, as it's been in the upper nineties here for weeks, and yet...one has to keep the windows closed all the time for it to function. See the above paragraph and then imagine the odor generated by eight over heated teens (and a labrador retriever) and you'll know that keeping the windows closed has done nothing for the ambience around here. Still, I'm grateful we're not living in our travel trailer.
I'm also grateful that we have this kind of abundance, and we're not in a tent. I'm grateful we're not living in a car. I'm not complaining as much as I'm full of nervous energy because I'm ready to dig in and roll up my sleeves and return my regularly scheduled life. It's TIME to go back to normal. It's past time.
But seriously, I'm an over fifty mother of four from a fairly conservative background, who writes gay romance novels. When was my life EVER normal???
On the work front, huzzah! I have finished all the housekeeping I needed to do. Here are the books I've re-released as Maxfield Books. These three are titles you may already have already read, but if you haven't, they've been re-edited and updated.
      


You can find all those books through the usual channels: Amazon, All Romance Ebooks, B&N.
Family Unit is currently Available in print through Amazon, Createspace, and All Romance Ebooks (through off site vendor Createspace.) The Long Way Home will be available in print beginning the first of September. (or sooner, if I can get it done.)
SOME IMPORTANT HOUSEKEEPING!
Because I didn't get my print version completed (until my daughter was able to format it for me, because I'm a typing monkey) Here is the winner of the Family Unit Print Version Contest from way back in APRIL. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. (Sorry for the interminable delay. Prize winners should never, ever have to wait this long!)
Congratulations to: Lisa Lisa! I've sent you an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment