Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tuesday Teaser! - The "Thursday Twofer" edition!

Java PrintingI admit that this week I’ve dropped the ball. Not only did I not do a Tuesday Teaser last week,  I am late with this one. Suffice it to say, though, this week I have TWO of your favorite authors, and I am giving away TWO prizes. My only excuse is that I was in Atlanta for GRL and I came home with conference Cooties. Tomorrow, I have Jury Duty! Am I pitiful enough yet?


Let’s get to the main event!


yippee


Let’s Have A big Tuesday Teaser Welcome To My TWO Guest Authors! 


First Up, we have Tara Lain, who is not only a terrific writer but one of my dear friends. We’re both members of the Orange County chapter of the RWA and I am lucky enough to see her once a month at meetings. Here’s her bio, straight from her website:


I’m Tara Lain and I write The Beautiful Boys of Romance. I love all my characters, but especially my unique heroes. I write mostly MM romance with some MMF as well. I love the intensity, passion, lack of gender roles, diversity, and innate drama that accompany two men in love. Giving my guys their happy ever after is my favorite thing. I write serious themes with a light touch and readers often call my books “sweet” despite all the hot sex!  I believe in love and enjoy giving more of it to the world! 


And here’s her snippet. Your mission is to guess which Tara Lain book this comes from, you know the drill. Email me at zamaxfield @ zamaxfield dot com and put Teaser Tuesdays in the subject line. Guess the name of the book and I’ll draw the winner before next Tuesday ——>



Movement. Slight but there. The eyelids fluttered, and ****** stared into bloodshot brown. He pulled off the respirator, and *** coughed convulsively. ****** leaned over, but could barely hear the whisper. “I couldn’t let you go.”




“Hey, ******, we got him.” The EMT reached out and tried to take the canvas from those graceful, lethal hands. ***’s eyes had closed, but he clutched the painting to his chest like a child clutches a doll.




****** murmured, “Don’t worry, baby. I’ve got it.”




Two EMTs took *** from ******’s arms. He gently extricated the canvas from ***’s hands and watched them load him onto a stretcher. God, he looked so small and vulnerable. But that little frame contained a mighty heart. Why in hell had he done it?




As the EMTs loaded the stretcher into the ambulance, ****** glanced at the canvas. Sweet Jesus. His own face looked back. Perfect, illuminated, glowing as if it emitted light. Heat filled his chest, prickling behind his eyes. Shit, he wanted to smack ***. Right after he kissed him.



21_icImage Our Second snippet - comes from multi talented author Lynn Lorenz, who is also a friend! Here’s her bio, from her website:


Lynn Lorenz lives in Texas, where she’s a fan of all things Texan, like Longhorns, big hair, and cowboys in tight jeans. She’s never met a comma she didn’t like, and enjoys editing and brainstorming with other writers. Lynn spends most of her time writing about hot sex with even hotter heroes, plot twists, werewolves, and medieval swashbucklers. She’s currently at work on her latest book, making herself giggle and blush, and avoiding all the housework.


“I want to apologize,” **** said. His voice was all raspy and gruff and sexy as hell.


****** stared up into his face, waiting. **** scuffed his boot against the cement but didn’t say anything else. He shoulders hunched, as if he’d curled up inside himself but still walked upright. Something ate at ****. Served him right. As far as ****** was concerned, there’d been too many “somethings.”


“So which one are you apologizing for? Lying to me about being gay? Trying to steal my best friend away from me? Making me think I was nuts? Or manipulating me?”


**** winced with each item ****** ticked off. “All of it, I guess.”


“Apology accepted. Good night.” ****** shut the door, but ****’s arm shot out and stopped it.


“Wait.” He licked his lips.


“There’s more?” ****** arched a brow.


**** stood there, looking at his feet. Maybe be was trying to figure out which one to shove in his mouth first.


****** sighed. “Why are you here, ****?”


**** looked up, and ****** could see some internal battle being waged as demons danced in the depths of ****’s blue eyes.


Hell and damnation. Why did the man have to be so damned sexy? So in need of healing?


 


IMG_0084And that’s it! Go forth and make your guesses! You could win an ebook from one of these lovely authors!


Tara Lain and Lynn Lorenz, as always…it was a total pleasure to see you in Atlanta. I cherish all the time I get to spend with you!!! Looking forward to next year in Chicago!


 



Tuesday Teaser! - The "Thursday Twofer" edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment