Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sunday Brunch Blog Post - 9/15/2013

One of the best things about my writing career is all the wonderful friends I’ve made over the years. Many of my internet pals have become in-person friends. We share adventures in writing, and often we have the opportunity to meet up at conventions like Romantic Times Book Lovers’ convention or GayRomLit.


I always wanted to find a way to just ask a few over for branch, and this became the idea for this blog.


Each Sunday I’ll invite a couple friends over and ask a question. My friends will share their answers with me. You, gentle readers, can give your answer to my question in the comment section below. I’ll choose one random person from the comments and reward them with an ebook surprise, it’s that simple! Comments are moderated, so don’t despair if you’re not posted immediately! No comments last week? Commenters will be entered into a drawing, so don’t be SHY!


We’ve got some of your sizzling favorites authors, right here, talking about what they’d wish for, if they were ever granted a genie’s wish…


This week’s question:


A genie grants you one wish, what is it? (Not more wishes!)


Mardi Gras MenageA life of sexual adventures! Doesn’t that cover it all? If a person is happily satisfied within the bedroom, it will transfer into other areas of life. Great sex equates to a positive can-do-it attitude in other areas. Plus, it provides plenty of fodder to write about. (Ahem.)


Ever have magical hotel sex? You know, sparkling soft white comforter and sheets – the kind that would never last in a home – and all the cares and the worries of the world disappear. No responsibilities. You can languish and enjoy every single moment. It’s where the enchantment happens.


And when reality slows down to be less than? Well, I pull out my favorite books. — Author Louisa Bacio


Available via Ravenous Romance, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other eRetailers.



True Colors



World peace…WAIT…no. That’s not it. It would be all well and good to have world peace, but that is not what I would wish. Nope. I wish–for just enough. I’ll elaborate. I wish for just enough of everything.


Can I do that?


I might have to spell it out more or who knows what I could end up with. I’ve watched those genie movies! So I want just enough money so I can be happy, but not outrageously rich. I could wish for riches beyond my imagination, but I don’t need that because money isn’t everything.


I know I wouldn’t wish for true love because that would just be false. You can’t wish for someone to love you, they have to do that on their own. Okay…now that I think about it…I take it back. I’ll wish for world peace. — Author Jambrea Jo Jones


True Colors, available at:
Amazon, ARE, and MLR


sg-soam-heartofamate3If a genie was to grant me one wish (and not more wishes) I would want a machine that I could hook up to my brain. It would see the same crazy stuff that I do, the stuff that inspires my erotic m/m romances, and type it out for me (edited and proofread, of course).


When I see a scene for one of my books, I literally see it play out in my head like a movie. I can see the bright vivid colors, smell the fragrances that float on the breeze, and hear what people are saying, how they say it, what tone of voices they use, everything. I try to convey that in my writing so that the reader can see and feel what I do.


This “machine” that I would wish for would help with that sooo much. I could just work the scene out in my head until I  had it just right then say “print” and the machine would type it all out on my laptop…ready to be submitted.


Alas, until this wonderful writer’s aid is invented, I must do it the old fashioned way…nap! — Author Stormy Glenn


Heart of a Mate, Scent of a Mate, Available at Bookstrand, Here


No comments:

Post a Comment